Now Foods Organic Kelp 150 mg 200 Tablets is one of the best Natural Iodine Supplement in India. This product provides the following:
- Organic and Natural Kelp Supplements in Genuine Whole Food form
- 150 mcg of Natural Kelp Supplement containing Iodine
- Supports Healthy Thyroid Function
- In east to swallow tablets
- Non-GMO organic Kelp
- Kosher certified Iodine Kelp Supplement
- Kelp Dietary Supplement
- Vegetarian/Vegan Iodine Supplement
- GMP Quality Assured Botanicals/Herbs
What is Kelp
Kelp is a large, leafy seaweed belonging to the brown algae family that grows in “forests” in the colder waters of the world’s oceans. Kelp is in use for centuries as an important nutritious staple ingredient in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean cuisines. It is also an excellent source of iodine, which has been shown to be essential for healthy thyroid function.
Kelp Supplement Dosage
Take one tablet daily with a meal. Store in a cool, dry place after opening. This product is for adults only. Consult physician if pregnant/nursing, taking medication (especially thyroid medications), taking other iodine supplements, or have a medical condition (especially any thyroid disorder). Keep out of reach of children.
Best Kelp Supplement Facts
|Serving Size:||1 Tablet|
|Servings Per Container:||200|
|Description||Amount per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Iodine (from Organic Kelp) (Laminaria spp.) (Whole Plant)||150 mcg||100%|
Other Ingredients of Kelp Supplement Tablets
Cellulose, Stearic Acid (vegetable source), Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source) and Vegetarian Coating.
This Natural Kelp Supplement is not made with yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, corn, milk, egg, fish, shellfish or tree nut ingredients.
Manufactured in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.
Natural colour variation may occur in this product.
FAQ’s on Kelp Supplements
Q1 What are the Kelp benefits and Side effects?
Key Benefits of Taking Kelp Supplements
- Kelp is a natural source of vitamins A, B1, B2, C, D and E.
- It is a rich source of minerals such as zinc, iodine, magnesium, iron, potassium, copper and calcium.
- Kelp contains the highest natural concentration of calcium of any food – 10 times more than milk.
- Kelp is Iodine rich. Therefore it provides this essential mineral naturally and helps recover from Iodine deficiency.
- Supports Thyroid gland to produce T3 and T4. These Thyroid Hormones regulate metabolism and other physiological functions throughout the body. Therefore, a lot of people consume these Kelp tablets for Thyroid.
- Supports weight loss as Iodine found in kelp supports the production of T3 and T4, which can help to regulate metabolism and in turn affect weight loss.
- In a study, the University of Newcastle concluded(2) that by adding seaweed fibre to the diet you can reduce fat digestion by up to 75 percent. Therefore a lot of people take kelp supplements for weight loss.
- Kelp is supposed to have Anti-ageing properties. Kelp effectively removes free radicals from the skin.
- Taking Kelp boosts hair growth, reduce split ends and breakage. Therefore, a lot of people take kelp for faster hair growth.
Kelp Iodine Supplement Side Effects
- Excessive consumption of Kelp may increase the amount of iodine in your body. High Blood Iodine may result in excessive thyroid hormone leading to a medical condition called hyperthyroidism.
- You may have acne on your face or body.
- Consumption of Kelp may cause intestinal irritation or diarrhoea in certain people.
- Some people may experience chronic diarrhoea or develop symptoms of dehydration. The symptoms are thirst, dry skin, headache or dizziness.
Q2 What exactly is Kelp meaning?
Kelp is a seaweed. It is large, leafy seaweed belonging to the brown algae family that grows in “forests” in the colder waters of the world’s oceans. Kelp is in use for centuries as an important nutritious staple ingredient in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean cuisines. It is also an excellent source of iodine, which has been shown to be essential for healthy thyroid function.
Q2 What exactly is Kelp meaning in Hindi?
In Hindi, Kelp meaning is समुद्री घास की राख.