Quinoa is one of the best superfood known for its various proven health benefits. Not only it is a rich source of protein and fibre but also among the few plants that contain nine essential amino acids. That’s one of the main reason to buy quinoa and make it your daily staple food.
Quinoa is a versatile food which has a delicate nutty flavour. Due to its non-complicated cultivation process and ease of use, Nasa scientists are considering Quinoa as one of the suitable crops to be grown in outer space. Due to its high nutrition profile and potential to contribute to food security, United Nations (UN) dedicated year 2013 as “The International Year of Quinoa”.
Health Benefits of Quinoa
- Quinoa is rich in protein that contains nine essential amino acids.
- Relieves constipation- contains a high amount of fibre that helps in digestion and reduces constipation.
- Improves brain function – high content of iron – 15% of RDA helps keep the red blood cells healthy that carries oxygen to the brains.
- contains a good amount of lysine which is essential for tissue growth and repair.
- It makes for an excellent antioxidant due to high manganese content.
- Quinoa is rich in magnesium that promotes healthy blood sugar control and thus helps control Type 2 diabetes.
- Perfect For People With Gluten Intolerance.