Moong Dal or Moong bean is a low carb, high protein green-gram which is one of the best vegetarian foods. It is integral to Indian food and can be best taken in the form of sprouts to shed some kilos. And that’s why we bring you the freshest, healthiest and hygienically packed moong dal that goes through best quality control processes.
Health Benefits of Moong Dal
- Rich source of Manganese, Potassium, Copper, Zinc, Magnesium and B Vitamins.
- High in Fiber and protein thus keeps you fuller for a long time.
- Due to high nutrition, Moong Dal is considered useful in age-related and chronic diseases.
- B Vitamins help to control the hormonal fluctuations which cause the PMS symptoms. Magnesium, Vitamin B and folate lower the severity and pain of PMS cramps, mood swings, muscle pain and fatigue.
- Easy to digest as high in dietary fibre and helps to prevent IBS symptoms.
- Lowers the cholesterol and protects you against the heart diseases.
- Healthy sprouts made from moong dal aids in weight control.
- Anti-oxidants present in Moong Dal makes it excellent anti-cancer food.
Healthy Moong Dal Recipe
One of the healthiest recipes for health-conscious folks is “Moong Dal Salad”. It is very easy to prepare. Just steam Moong dal sprouts in water and put little salt as per the taste. Drain the water and let it cool. Now add diced onion, tomato, green chilli, coriander leaves to the steamed sprouts. Sprinkle salt, black salt and finally squeeze lemon to give it a tangy taste. Here goes your quick and healthy salad for everyday breakfast.