Green split Moong Dal or Chilka Moong Dal is a low carb, high protein green-gram. It is one of the best vegetarian foods as part of your daily breakfast. The lentil is split but not skinned. At Farmer’s Fresh we bring you the freshest, healthiest, sun-cured, and hygienically packed Split Moong dal. Our lentils goes through best quality control processes before it is delivered to our customers.
Moong Dal Khichdi
In northern part of India, Split Moong dal is cooked with rice to prepare Khichdi. Recently Khichdi has gained lot of popularity not only in India but in European Countries too . Moong dal khichdi ingredients vary as you travel from north to south. Some people like to add cauliflower florets, beans etc to make the dish sumtupus.
Moong dal khichdi is best enjoyed with Desi ghee. In Chattisgarh, locals prefer to eat this saviour dish with tomato chutney, papad and lemon pickle. The dish is highly preffered when having stomach infection as it is easily digestable due to higher fibre content.
Health Benefits of Moong Dal
- Rich source of Manganese, Potassium, Copper, Zinc, Magnesium and B Vitamins.
- High in Fiber and protein thus keeps you fuller for a long time.
- Due to high nutrition profile, it is considered useful in age related and chronic diseases.
- B Vitamins help to control the hormonal fluctuations which cause the PMS symptoms. Magnesium, Vitamin B and folate lower the severity and pain of PMS cramps, mood swings, muscle pain and fatigue.
- Easy to digest as high in dietary fiber and helps to prevent IBS symptoms.
- Lowers the cholesterol and protects you against the heart diseases.
- Anti-oxidants present in Moong Dal makes it anti-cancer food.